When life makes me feel like all my balloons are loose, I feel comfort in knowing that it only takes pulling down ONE to make a difference in my day...

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bro. Joe

Yesterday we said goodbye to a great man. His two wonderful, grown sons officiated his funeral. I can not imagine having the strength and courage to get up in front of a thousand people and say goodbye to someone I love. I just kept trying to lift these young men up with prayer as they spoke so openly and lovingly about their dad. It was truely an inspirational and thought provoking experience. I don't think their was a man in that church that didn't think about missed opportunities or where their lives were leading them. Joe had touched lives in every corner in our community and beyond. He lived to serve the Lord and was a friend to all. You will be missed Bro. Joe. Thank you for touching our lives.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Very nicely put....he was a wonderful man.