Wow, I can't believe it is October already. The kids are starting to talk about Christmas and it is freaking me out a little. It is still 80 degrees outside and I am not ready to give up the warmth for a new season.
Lots of great news for us. Joey went up in children's church 2 weeks ago to announce that he would be baptized in October. News to us. So, after church we went to the children's minister and had him talk to Joey. He explained receiving God's promises and how baptism was a symbol of what Jesus did for us. Joey is ready to tell Jesus' story. So, this Sunday, he went before the adult congregation and asked to join the church through baptism. We are so proud of him!!
Halle is dropping so many teeth it is a wonder that she can still chew. I think if she loses any more she will be able to put a down payment on a house from all the tooth fairy money.
I finally 'popped a HUGE balloon' yesterday. Joey and I finished his rain forest project for school. His teacher is letting him do additional research on whatever subject they are exploring in class. The first one, on immigration, we did in a few hours. This one he read a lot of books on. There was so much information that I made it out to be harder for myself by trying to think of all that could be included. I finally FORCED myself to just sit down with him and stick to the criteria that the teacher wanted. I was literally losing sleep before this by mentally planning. It probably ended up in the long run taking less time than the immigration project to put together. I need to tape to my forehead "PROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION" to remind myself each day not to let things get so out of hand. Well, lesson learned until the next time.
It's been a great week for exercise. I am still walking at least 2 miles 3-5 days a week. I have seen a little difference on the scales and one pair of pants fits again. My blogging time has suffered, but I would rather walk off my thighs than type off my fingers. If anyone knows of any blogs with GOOD healthy recipes that a child would also eat, please pass my way. I know they won't do wheat germ and cottage cheese and I won't cook 2 different meals. We do pretty well, but it is always nice to have a variety.
Thanks for checking in.
When life makes me feel like all my balloons are loose, I feel comfort in knowing that it only takes pulling down ONE to make a difference in my day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I will keep a good look out for some healthy places to go....check out overwhelmed with joy and her holiday foods...not healthy but sound greaaaat.
Jen
Post a Comment