When life makes me feel like all my balloons are loose, I feel comfort in knowing that it only takes pulling down ONE to make a difference in my day...

Monday, September 18, 2006

Weeds In My Garden

You may have noticed that Master Gardener was not included in my previous post on Mommy Resume'. I have come to realize that weeds in my garden are inevitable. My husband and I even tried to lay down new landscaping cloth and the weeds grew on top of it. I suppose if I wasn't such a cheapy I could get some professionals out here to make it all nice. But I rather not spend the money, spend the time pulling the weeds or spend my energy worrying about it. I find it interesting that the drive for perfection has taken over our society. I have friends that will not have people over because their house is dirty or their laundry is not all put up. When is your house ever perfect????? I rather cultivate my relationships than cultivate the perfect garden. So, come on over...grab a cup of coffee, fold some towels with me and we'll talk, but be careful of the weeds in my garden...you may trip over them on the way to my front door.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Too cute....I'm one of those friends that hide my laundry in one of the kids bedrooms.....GUILTY
Jen